|The Unfolding Tale|
I have met some interesting people in Gortrin Passage, and learned much of what transpired here in the past. Tiko lives, but is still trapped here in Gortrin. I wonder if this could have turned out better.
This is a unique optional quest that can grant large XP rewards. The quest is repeatable by resetting it with a Gortrin Hourglass, though you can only earn each of the eight different rewards once. It is a mystery you can slowly unravel, with a variety of outcomes depending on the choices you make, similar to the Choose Your Own Adventure books.
Warning: The Walkthrough section is a giant spoiler. Consider trying to solve the mystery and complete the quest on your own at least once before reading it! It will require much running around the zone to find clues from either items or the NPCs.
[Note: some of the rewards still need to be checked as there appear to be inconsistencies between the table of rewards and the detailed outcome list]
See "Walkthrough" section for details on how to start this quest.
This is a quest with different outcomes, ie is different on xp and other rewards. The description itself tells you if you have made the best choice or if you should've have done better.
There are 8 different possibilities, but be aware that all are NOT correct at this moment :
|XP Reward + other||Alive||Dead||Other||Steps|
|1.100.000||Raza||Gerald & Tiko||-||Outcome 1
|1.600.000||Gerald||-||Tiko zombie, Raza disappeared||Outcome 2
|1.600.000||-||Gerald & Raza||Tiko zombie||Outcome 3
|2,400,000, weapon||Tiko, Raza||Gerald||Outcome 4
(missing steps) did 12/28/2018
|2.750.000, weapon||Gerald & Tiko||Raza||-||Outcome 5|
|4.200.000, weapon, Socket||Tiko||Raza||Gerald/Fen escaped||Outcome 6
|8.000.000, weapon||Gerald & Raza||-||-||Outcome 7|
|8.000.000, Epic weapon, 5 Sockets||Tiko||Gerald & Raza||-||Outcome 8
|NO XP||Raza, Tiko||Gerald/Fen||-||Outcome 9
- Speak with Tiko once more.
- He stands in his camp at G/H3, opposite side of the mineral nodes. But he will only appear when you have found the Womans' Hair Adornment. Try to keep him alive for this quest = do not tell either Gerald/Fen or Raza about his whereabouts.
- Return to Tiko and tell him he is free.
- 8000000 XP
- Shadow Mace (different depending on the played class)
There are nine different outcomes depending the course of actions that you took. The goal is to have the best possible outcome for Tiko. You can reset the quest by using a Gortrin Hourglass, allowing you to do the quest again. You can do the quest as many times as you like, but you will only get the reward for each outcome once.
Eight paths will trigger the quest and give a reward, with one 'solution' not triggering the quest. The rewards get better the further in the story you get.
At every stage, pay attention to what you say to the NPCs! If you don't like the option given, choose to leave and return when you have more clues.
Pick up the following items from killing zombies. This will allow you to pick up items from the lootable containers on the map.
These items are not required:
With the 2 hammers in your inventory (or vault), you can find the three lootable objects, each one will triggering one of the 3 NPC's to appear.
- Find the Page of Architect Plans (G7, at the bounties Wartot & Ardima, in an 'Old Pack' near the railing on the east side)
- Talk to Raza (D5, just west of the bounty Alibarna) and give her the item
After talking to Raza, 2 more lootable objects appear,.
- F8 Scroll of Obliterate (in a pile of loose rocks just East of bounty Krinks)
- Talk to Gerald/Fen (A5, just south of portal)
The following items will appear in order. Each one will be interesting to at least one of the NPCs. When you talk to the NPCs, consider carefully what you will say as this will affect your reward. You may wish to walk away, and talk to the other NPCs for more information and then return. See the link at the bottom of this page for all the options.
- Old Love Letter (F4, near Yezz, from a 'Discarded Letter')
- Musty Journal (D7, near the mushrooms, from an 'Old Journal')
- Half of Raza's Phylactery (C2, near Maldor, from a 'Chest')
Tillothy's Journal Pages can only be found one at a time in order (You may visit any or all of the NPCs after each page collection but you don't have to do so. They reset after you progress each time):
(To do: what is the purpose of these pages? Are they required to do the quest or are they just more of the story?) [[
- Tillothy's Journal - Page 3 at B5 (in SW corner of South alcove)
- Tillothy's Journal - Page 6 on the railing at E4 (on North side near bounty Smattin)
- Tillothy's Journal - Page 7 on the floor at D3 (just to the East of bounty Bord)
- Tillothy's Journal - Page 11 at the north side of C4 (behind bounty Slashick)
- Tillothy's Journal - Page 17 on floor in B3 (NE of bounty Rachina)
- Tillothy's Journal - Page 19 C6 on the floor (just North of bounty Tortrin)
- Tillothy's Journal - Page 22 B5 floor to the north
- Tillothy's Journal - Page 23 floor D4 (east of bounty Slickbit)
- Tillothy's Journal - Page 25 H6 on floor (East of bounty Posendun)