In Villagers & Heroes, character progression is done by advancing combat and villager skills. Leveling up your combat skill also increases your overall level, and grants you talent points.
There are two kinds of levels and experience points - your Combat Level, increased by your Combat XP (also known as Hero level/Hero XP), and your Villager Levels, increased by Villager XP. Your overall level is determined by only your Combat Level, but there are also ten Villager skills to gain experience in and level up.
Villager XP is gained from using the skills in question. Combat XP is gained for completing quests, defeating enemies, and various smaller actions. Once at a certain amount of XP, you level up - the amount of XP then needed to reach the next level is increased exponentially.
The current level cap for both combat and villager levels is 90.
Bounties and enemies
Killing bounties is considered to be the fastest way to level. Each bounty gives you a first-kill XP bonus - meaning the basic XP you would get is multiplied. It can be very rewarding to activate various XP boosters - potions, pies etc. - when you are about to run a zone for the first time, to get even more XP per bounty. Enemies do not have a first-kill bonus, though are still worth engaging to keep increasing your XP.
Bounties are reset every 22 hours. Each 2 hours that you are not online will also grant you one extra first-time kill bonus, up to a maximum of 30.
Each zone can contain quests, the amount differing per zone. For each finished quest you gain Combat XP and often some gold and an Armament according to you chosen class. Sometimes you receive another item for finishing a quest. This could be a booster or something you need for another quest.
After level 90, XP from combat goes into elder levels.
- Level 1 = 10.000.000 xp, bonus = +418 Mastery
- Level 2 = 11.100.000 xp, bonus = +130 Armor, +130 Magic Resist, +1 Crowns
- Level 3 = 12.200.000 xp, bonus = +1601 Max Health, +50 Mana, +2 Crowns
- Level 4 = 13.300.000 xp, bonus = +4% Villager Exp, +2 Crowns
- Level 5 = 14.400.000 xp, bonus = +4% Hero Exp, +3 Crowns
- Level 6 = 15.500.000 xp, bonus = +70 Mastery (488 total), +3 Crowns
- Level 7 = 16.600.000 xp, bonus = +22 Armor (152 total), +22 Magic Resist (152 total), +4 Crowns
- Level 8 = 17.700.000 xp, bonus = +1,601 Max Health (3,202 total), +50 Mana (100 total), +4 Crowns
- Level 9 = 18.800.000 xp, bonus = +2% Villager Exp (6% total), +5 Crowns
- Level 10 = 20.000.000 xp, bonus = +2% Hero Exp (6% total), +5 Crowns
- Level 11 = 21.300.000 xp, bonus = +70 Mastery (558 total), +6 Crowns
- Level 12 = 4.300.000 xp, bonus = +22 Armor (174 total), +22 Magic Resist (174 total), +6 Crowns
- Level 13 = 4.600.000 xp, bonus = +1,601 Max Health (4,803 total), +50 Mana (150 total), +7 Crowns
- Level 14 = 4.800.000 xp, bonus = +2% Village Exp (8% total), +7 Crowns
- Level 15 = 5.100.000 xp, bonus = +2% Hero Exp (8% total), +8 Crowns
- Level 16 = 5.300.000 xp, bonus = +70 Mastery (628 total), +8 Crowns
- Level 17 = 5.400.000 xp, bonus = +22 Armor (196 total), +22 Magic Resist (196 total), +9 Crowns
- Level 18 = 30.900.000 xp, bonus = +1,601 Max Health (6,404 total), +50 Mana (200 total), +9 Crowns
- Level 19 = 5.900.000 xp, bonus = Boost to Villager Exp, +10 Crowns
- Level 20 = 6.000.000 xp, bonus = +2 % hero xp
- Level 21 = xp, bonus = + 5 HP & SP ??
- Level 22 =
- Level 23 = 12.000.000 xp, bonus = + ?
- Level 24 = , bonus = + villager xp
- Level 25 = bonus = + % hero xp
- Level 26 = xp needed; boost to Mastery, 13 crowns
- Level 27 = 33,8 m XP needed; boost to Armor and Magic Resist, 14 crowns
- Level 28 = bonus = + boost Health and Mana, 14 crowns
- Level 29 = 49.800.000 xp, bonus = boost villager XP, 15 crownsc
- Level 30 = bonus = +
Skills are the main means of progression in Villagers and Heroes. There are 11 skills to level up - your Combat Skill which also determines your character level, 4 Gathering Skills, 4 Crafting Skills, and 2 Village Skills.
Your combat skill determines your overall level, and is decided by your class.
Gathering is highly important regardless of class, and enables you to gather different materials to create new items for yourself and others. To gather, you must have the appropriate tool and Supplies equipped.
Crafting lets you create your own gear and consumables. To craft, you must be located at a crafting station and have the appropriate tool equipped.
Village skills are used within a village, and relate to your gardening and ranching house plots.
As of the Starfall update, the combat leveling system of V&H has received a large overhaul, and each class now has 12 talents grouped into 3 specializations per class. Upon leveling up, a talent point is granted which can be spent on any talent. Talents now have individual caps, and when maxed out a talent unlocks a powerful Ultimate ability.
Each level that ends in a 7 gives you an extra talent point!
After every rebirth, you are granted 5 talent points. You can rebirth up to 5 times, granting you 25 bonus talent points in total.
Talents can be reset at any time from the Character window, for a small cost in gold.