Defusing The Feud Part One
|Defusing The Feud Part One|
I talked to the Spriggan named Dionte, who is being punished in The Mire of Shame for doing something terrible to the Treants, who are now at war with the Spriggans because of it. He will tell me another way to reach Sunkentooth Marsh, which involes a place called the Blighted Isles. He also wants a progress report, so I should return to him after I have learned three significant things regarding his activities.
- Find and speak with Fussy Carlotta.
- Do Carlotta's task, Grin and Bear It.
- Do what Rasmus suggests, getting Statues Snacks.
- Go to the entrance of the Treant Lands
- Return to Dionte, and tell him what you've learned.
- Dionte encouraged me to go to Lampkin Village, he said I could possibly build up trust while I wait for Rafi. He said I should find a spriggan named Lidinia.
- 54 silver
- 1,8m XP
- Rare Priest Scepter (different depending on the played class)
- Fussy Carlotta is standing inside her tent at E6, but she gets annoyed with you and doesn't want to talk with you anymore unless you give eat a Patience Porridge. This will begin Grin And Bear It.
- Finish the quest Grin And Bear It and return to Fussy Carlotta and speak with her again, after you consumed the Patience Porridge and she'll tell you to find Rasmus.
- Rasmus is north in the Dunes of the Dead (E4), standing outside his tent (with a birch next to it).
- Rasmus has troubles staying at one place and wants you to solve his rootlessness' problem and so he gives you the next quest: Dune Drifter.
- Finish the quest: Dune Drifter and return to Rasmus and he'll tell you to talk with a statue named Kern (B2/3), but you should offer him some snacks before talking to him, so you get next quest: Statue Snacks.
- Finish the quest Statue Snacks and talk to Kern.
- Kern tells you to go to the entrance of the Treant Wetlands.
- Run to the portal to The Copse of the Treants (C1) and talk to Gynt (stands at the entrance).
- He'll tell you that you need a key to enter the area but that Rafi the key vendor has taken a stress-related leave of absence.
- Return to Dionte in the Mire of Shame (D8) and tell him all that you have learned.
- Dionte will tell you to go to the Lampkin Village (E2) and talk to Lidinia because you need to build up trust with the Spriggans.
- Talk to Lidinia and she'll tell you that there is a lot to be done in the Village whilst you wait for Rafi to return and gives you the following quest: Get Well Rafi.
- At this point you'll receive your reward for finishing the quest: Defusing the Feud Part One
Fussy Carlotta Fussy Carlotta: <missing>
Gynt: "State your business, Flesh Chop."
You "I'm looking for the place where the Treants teach their young. And what did you just call me?"
Gynt: "Flesh Chop. It's what we call all of your kind. And, sorry, but you can't enter without a key, so you won't be visiting our lands any time soon."
You "Well, how do I get a key?"
Gynt: "From a key vendor of course, which is what I happen to be! Except..."
You "Except what?"
Gynt: "Except I'm not allowed to sell keys in the Coille... and with tensions running high from this war, I won't be the guy to cross the picket line, if you know what I mean."
You "So what am I supposed to do?"
Gynt: "Well, you'll need to talk to the Coille's key vendor, the Spriggan Rafi. War aside, I really like the guy, we key vendors tend to be cut from the same cloth. But sadly this feud has really taken a toll on poor ole Rafi. Made his ulcers flare up, so he's taken a leave of absence."
You "So I really am stuck?"
Gynt: "Seems so. He's healing up in Lampkin Village. I'm sure he'll be better soon."
You "Thanks for you help Gynt."
Gynt: "No problem. Good bye, Flesh Chop!"
Dionte: "<Player Name>, you're back! Are you any closer to figuring out what it is that I did?"
You "Yes, but I still have quite a ways to go. Dionte, I'm afraid you've been up to some dubious activities."
Dionte: "Like what?"
You "First you bought a purple bonnet and some rare slug larvae from Carlotta."
Dionte: "That's not so dubious..."
You "Then you went to the Dunes of The Dead, and buried something with The Spade of Bones."
Dionte: "I was wondering why I had blisters..."
You "But Rasmus saw you, and you cursed him with a drifting spell!"
Dionte: "I did what? Oh, no."
You "Oh, yes. I still haven't learned what you buried, and the statue, Kern, says that only the enchanted Spade of Bones can dig it up again."
Dionte: "I wonder what I did with the spade..."
You "But Kern did hear you whisper to yourself that next you were headed to the Treant school to see a girl with the name of a flower, and that you feared her chaperone."
Dionte: "I don't remember any of this!"
You "Apparently, you planned to give this chaperone an offering. I need to talk to the chaperone, but I have to wait until I can get a key from Rafi, to enter The Coille of the Treants."
Dionte: "Ah yes, Rafi has quite the sensitive stomach."
You "So yes... dubious activities."
Dionte: "Oh, <Player Name>, you have to get to the bottom of all of this! Promise you won't give up on me, but will continue to solve this mystery, and bring an end to the feud between Spriggans and Treants?"
You "I promise, Dionte. As long as you hold up your end of the deal."
Dionte: "I promise to tell you about Blighted Isles! I will! But maybe there is something you can do now, while you wait for Rafi..."
You "What's that?"
Dionte: "Head to Lampkin Village, the home of my people. They are always in need of help, and if you get close with them, I'm sure that when the time comes they will listen to you about more important things, like about whether to set me free..."
You "That sounds like a great idea Dionte. I'll do this."
Dionte: "Find Lidinia, she will get you started. Farewell, <Player Name>!" You "Bye."
Dionte: "Be safe in the Coille!"
Lidinia: "Hello traveler."
You "I was told by Diont-- err, I mean I was told that your village was in need of help?"
Lidinia: "Ah, subtle. It's not like we Spriggans haven't been watching you traipse all over our Coille."
You "Even so... maybe I could help out with some tasks around you village?"
Lidinia: "No matter who you are, or what you are up to... we could ALWAYS use some help!"
Gained 1.8m experience!
You "Well I have nothing but time until Rafi feels better..."
Lidinia: "Ah yes, it usually takes Rafi a few days to get over an ulcer. So you can help us in the meantime. We have plenty of tasks to do, we try to be friendly and helpful as much as we can throughout the Coille. Talk to the various members of the village to find out how you can help."
Lidinia: "Then in a few days, Rafi should be feeling better! Come back to me when you have done a few days worth of tasks and have collected several Lampkin Totems. Then we'll see if we can get Rafi up and about."
Continued in: Get Well Rafi.