'Character' refers to an interactive representation of a game persona. They can be controlled by players or by the game (NPC's). New players (accounts created after July 15, 2019) can create 2 characters per server per user account for free. Accounts created before that date have 3 free character slots per server. Five additional character slots are available by buying and activating a Character Slot Unlock from the Crown Shop (100 crowns). A player character is also known as an avatar or toon.
- The Character creation in Villagers and Heroes allows the player to customize not only the name and look of their character, but also their background, innate skills and even their aspiration.
- Background: Make your choice in:
- Hero: choose between 5 different classes
- Skills: choice of 3 Gathering/Crafting skills you can boost, and 1 Gardening/Ranching skill you can boost
- House: choice of 8 different house styles
- Once the player is happy with all the selections made, the character is created and immediately becomes available to play.
- Characters can be deleted by clicking on the little bin icon next to you character name. Once it is deleted it will no longer be shown or available to play.
- Character deletion is permanent and will cause a loss of all gear and items attached to that character.